- Scientific computing (algorithm and application development)
- Data visualization
- Operational computing (system development and operations)
- Data archiving
- Configuration management
- Database design and maintenance
Sigma Space offers comprehensive computational services to ensure high-quality data management and visualization. Working synergistically with instrument calibration and science teams, our staff
- Tests, verifies, and implements software to ensure the production of exceptional image products for research
- Monitors multiple operational data streams to minimize processing delays and problems via automated software, manual checks, and reporting
- Performs ongoing quality assessments and evaluates potential improvements
Our capability in the area of computational services is illustrated by our support of the MODIS Adaptive Processing System (MODAPS), the processing system for key spectroradiometers aboard NASA’s Terra and Aqua satellites.
Sigma Space personnel perfor m comprehensive development, integration, and testing of MODAPS software, in addition to routine operation of the MODAPS system—which annually ingests 50 terabytes, produces 140 terabytes of data products, and distributes 1.5 petabytes of data.
From the smallest project to the largest mission, we have the expertise to provide our clients with end-to-end data services.